Slender Man Chronicles

He only exists because you think of him
Try not to think of him

Allow Me to Introduce Myself ...

Published by Jessica Nelson under on 10:29 PM
So many times these last months, I have sat down to journal and failed. I had been so hopeful of finding help, of bringing my nightmarish experiences to a conclusion; but I hadn't been to the Slender Man site yet. My naivete became apparent to me soon enough. There was no help to be found here; not the kind I had let myself hope there would be, anyhow. And no one here was going to bring this hell to an end; they were, in fact, in it themselves. The blank white screen and blinking black cursor only seemed to mock me when I would try to sit down and write about it.

I allowed myself to become lost in grief and terror for a good long while. My husband took the kids and left. At one point, I even began to doubt my own sanity; maybe the doctor was right, maybe I really was just hallucinating. But no anti-psychotics would stop it, or even lessen it. I wish with everything I have that they would. I'm still taking them. Unfortunately, I have come to the conclusion that I am quite sane. I say unfortunately, because I have also come to the conclusion that being a nut job would be a hell of a lot easier.

Emergency medical services personnel and some of the military have a slogan that I have rather come to like: "We are not extraordinary people, we are ordinary people put into extraordinary situations." It is by coming to grips with all this that I am once again finding myself able to do something with myself and write about it again. The good people here at Slender Man Chronicles have asked me to create a blog profile of my own, so that I might become a regular contributor and post my own things. So, it is with this that the previously anonymous 'Patient 4077212'
becomes the somewhat less anonymous Jessica Nelson. We'll be seeing more of each other, I'm sure.

-J

7 comments:

Rev. L. said... @ May 30, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Clocks and watches ticking time... too much has passed since last we all spoke and it is good to see you are still with us.

Jessica N. said... @ May 31, 2010 at 3:56 PM

o_o
You have the same name as me AND know about the Slender Man. Are we dopplegangers?

Jessica Nelson said... @ June 12, 2010 at 5:32 PM

The evidence would seem to suggest so.

-J

Anonymous said... @ July 11, 2010 at 2:30 AM

what i do not understand, is how are those affected by this supposed to deal with it? it seems like it would be too disturbing and terrifying to be somewhere where you are not completely surrounded by other people and with all the lights on. :/

Anonymous said... @ July 11, 2010 at 2:31 AM

and it's funny, my last name is Nelson also. heh

Rev. L. said... @ July 14, 2010 at 11:14 PM

You sleep fitfully, without ever getting much real rest. Every time your eyes begin to slip closed there is this feeling, watched and hunted. As though something primitive and dangerously aware has stepped into the room with you and taken notice of your breathing. You begin to sleep with a light on just so in that moment that you snap your eyes back open and gasp in a ragged breath you can see that nothing is there.

You get a lot of reading done.

Also, you drink. A lot.

Mikehero Action Team said... @ June 1, 2013 at 12:04 PM

That such a man slim because? is chasing people around the reason that hunting faceless, because ... because ..

Post a Comment

 

Uploads by MarbleHornets